Central Physical Therapy
Dry Needling Therapist and Aquatic Specialist
Central Physical Therapy has added the procedure of Dry Needling services with the hiring of Greta Savoian, PT, DPT, MTC, Certified Aquatic Specialist and Graston Technique. Greta, also a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt, has been hired to build an Aquatic Program for Central Physical Therapy’s new Aquatic Therapy pool, opening April 18, 2016 and brings with her an amazing array of talent. Among these talents are expert in Dry Needling.
Greta received her doctorate in Physical Therapy from the prestigious University of St Augustine in St Augustine Florida and worked a number of places including Woman’s Hospital in Baton Rouge and The Neuromedical Center Clinic in Gonzales.
Dry Needling, an evidenced based procedure, has been in the scope of practice for Physical Therapy for a few years but has not been offered by CPT as our Therapists are not yet certified in the extensive training required for the procedure. We knew of Greta’s skill in Dry Needling long before she became available and are extremely thrilled that she is now with us.
Dry Needling is a procedure used by Physical Therapists to relieve muscle spasm and trigger points that result from a variety of different conditions. Relief from muscle spasm with Dry Needling has been found to be extremely effective in most patients.
For more information on Dry Needling or to set up an interview with Greta, call Tom Coplin PT Owner/Administrator at Central Physical Therapy (225) 261-7094
At Central Physical Therapy we are committed to hands-on treatment tailored to meet the needs of each individual. Whether it’s helping them recover after joint replacement surgery or low-level cold laser treatment for pain, Central Physical Therapy works closely with referring doctors to ensure the best possible outcomes. Ultimately, our goal is to enhance and maximize the health, function and quality of life of our patients.
Why choose Central Physical Therapy?
- We're the Home Team! When you think of health care, "shopping" probably isn't the first thing that comes to mind. The fact is Central Physical Therapy is the only "locally owned and operated" PT clinic in the City of Central. A 30-year native of Central, CPT owner and Physical Therapist Helen Balzli gives back to the community she calls home through tax dollars and her support of local organizations. When you get your PT at Central Physical Therapy YOU ARE SHOPPING LOCAL.
- We're the "people you know." Most of CPT's staff lives in or around Central. It's not unusual for them to know their patients by their first name.
- We have the "experience you can trust." Together, the team at Central Physical Therapy boasts nearly a century of time spent helping patients get well.
- We are specialists. Owner and Physical Therapist Tom Coplin has been helping people with severe back pain for 40 years. Other areas where CPT has expertise include balance for fall prevention, dementia and Parkinson's patients. CPT offers athletes, young and old, the only comprehensive "Certified Concussion Health" program in the state taking the level of concussion management in our region a new level.
- Patients at Central Physical Therapy will never be left to fend for themselves. Every CPT patient can expect to get hands-on treatment from one of our highly trained PT staff.
Central Physical Therapy Smoking and Tobacco Use Policy
Central Physical Therapy, LLC is committed to providing a clean, healthy, productive and safe workplace for all its associates and to promote the health and well-being of associates and visitors while on Company property. While Central Physical Therapy has no desire to intrude in the private lives of its associates, we recognize the need to establish a smoke and tobacco-free work environment. When possible, Central Physical Therapy will restrict smoking and tobacco use on Company property.
Policy for locations where smoking onsite is prohibited:
Central Physical Therapy is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. This policy is in effect for all associates, temporary employees, consultants, contractors, customers and visitors. The use of all tobacco products will be prohibited, including: cigarettes, cigars, pipes, smokeless tobacco, electronic cigarettes and other tobacco related products.
There will be no designated smoking areas. Smoking anywhere on the property, including in personal vehicles is not permitted. Signs clearly stating this policy are posted at all locations where smoking onsite is prohibited.
Associates who choose to smoke, may do so off property on their unpaid lunch period only. Smoking during paid work hours is not permitted. The littering of tobacco-related products on the grounds or parking lots is prohibited. Respect for neighboring property should be shown at all times, including not smoking, loitering, littering, or otherwise representing Central Physical Therapy Companies in a negative light.
Responsibilities and Enforcement:
Any person not complying with this policy shall be asked to extinguish their smoking materials or dispose of other tobacco products such as chewing tobacco and, if the person does not extinguish or dispose of their tobacco product after being asked to do so, it may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Any person who observes violations of this policy may report these violations to any manager, leadership, Human Resources or Facility Services in Central Physical Therapy.