Relief from symptoms caused by
- Parkinsons Disease
For people with Alzheimer disease, research shows that:
- Physical activity can improve memory.
- Regular exercise may delay the onset of dementia and Alzheimer disease.
- Regular exercise may delay the decline in ability to perform activities of daily living in people who have Alzheimer disease.
CPT Physical Therapists are also trained to help Parkinsons disease sufferers cope with their illness using special exercises and other techniques that combat the symptoms of PD. Depending on the nature and severity of your condition, your treatment program may focus on treatment to help you:
- Improve your fitness level, strength, and flexibility
- Develop more effective strategies to get in and out of bed, chairs, and cars
- Turn over in bed more easily
- Stand and turn to change directions more efficiently
- Improve the smoothness and coordination of your walking
- Improve your ability to perform hand movements
- Decrease your risk of falling
- Climb and descend stairs and curbs
- Do more than 1 task at a time more efficiently
- Participate in activities that are important to you